Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Yikes I"ve been neglecting my blog!

The world is changing so quickly I can barely keep up with it, especially trends in career management! I"ve been busier over the past twelve months working as a private career coach, contractor and part-time Associate Director of MSU's MBA Career Services Center than at any time in my career.  This tells me (and confirmed by a recent survey) that contract employees, temps or interim workers are one of the biggest trends in 2011.  Daniel Pink's great book, Free Agent Nation, predicted this phenom.

One of the greatest gifts you can give yourself is a well-honed, current toolkit of career management skills. There are 27 career competencies everyone needs to possess!  In upcoming posts, I'll review each one, and share some ideas about how you can gain these essential skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment