Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A quick trip to LA results in...

I flew to Los Angeles to conduct a one-day career transition workshop for the LA Air Force Base today. It was an interesting flight as I sat next to an investment advisor who owns 5 locations of investment firms in Michigan and California. I'm sure he was a millionaire many times over. We engaged in a wonderful 4-hour discussion about my new career, and talked about business development, business plans and goals. Among other ideas, he asked me to tell him how many clients I would need to make a million dollars. Of course, I had no idea. He leaned over, held up his index finger, and said earnestly, "just one." He's absolutely correct, of course.
The bottom line is this: figure out what you most enjoy doing and find just one client who needs you. The rest is just details.....

No comments:

Post a Comment